The Strauch Jumbo Ball Winder in an essential tool that will be invaluable to any fiber artist. This sturdy ball winder's features far exceed other winders on the market. Look below for all of the features that make the Strauch Jumbo Ball Winder so special!
- Makes a very large center-pull ball - up to one pound of yarn.
- Great for winding large skeins or bulky yarns.
- No oiling or adjusting required thanks to a ball bearing drive.
- Longer counter-weight bracket greatly reduces vibration.
- 15" base eliminates "knuckle-smacking" while winding.
- Tall, soft rubber feet prevents the winder from sliding and scratching your table.
- Special drive belt material makes for less slipping while making a ball.
- Extra long table clamp secures the winder to a variety of table surfaces.
How It Works
The Strauch winder generates a unique and distinctive diamond-shaped patterned ball as a result of its dual rotation. Two things must happen at the same time in order to wind a perfect ball.
1. The whole drive wheel assembly must rotate around the center bolt as the crank is turned ("A" arrow on left photo).
2. The wheel holding the yarn cylinder must also smoothly revolve on the clear plastic drive cone. ("B" arrow on left photo).
Because of this off-center rotation, the ball winder must be clamped to a work surface.
It is important not to wind the ball too fast. Winding too fast will cause the wheel to slip on the plastic cone and will give you an irregular ball.
The extra long length table clamp allows the winder to be clamped to a standard 1 1/2 inch thick kitchen counter. For those who use a table that does not have a front drop down piece of wood like you find on a typical dining room table, the clamp can reach further under the table to prevent any wobbling or "flapping" of the ball winder base.
Your Jumbo Ball Winder is shipped in a sturdy box. -- Save it. It's a handy carrying case and folds flat for easy storage.
- Additional Information
From the blog
Makers' Minute - Original addi Express Knitting Machine
5 days agoIn this Makers' Minute, Katie introduces you to the original addi® Express knitting machine....
Makers' Minute - NEW Seven Islands Sheep Fabrics
12 days agoBrand new to the Sheep Shop! These two new styles of sheep fabrics by Seven Islands Hokkoh will get...
The Adventure of the Transparent Excuse to Show You More Pictures of My Adorable Dog, Part Five
12 days agoThe Adventure of the Transparent Excuse to Show You More Pictures of My Adorable Dog, Part Five For...