NOTE: Due to high demand, we are offering pre-orders of this shawl kit. We estimate that the pre-order will take about 3-4 weeks to arrive.
This Wildlife Shawl is knitted in Garn Manufaktur's marvelous Merino Donegal Tweed yarn - in the round on US 4 needles.
A Nordic technique is used to recreate the luxurious and beautiful coats of some of our favorite wild animals, including: leopards, giraffes and zebras.
The shawl is bordered in shades of green from the savannah, with the lettering of WILDLIFE knitted right into it.
Written instructions fully explain the creating of the shawl step by step.
- For experience Knitters
- 100% Merino Wool Donegal Tweed
- Finished Size: 200cm x 110cm
- Needles: 3.5mm (US 4 appx) double pointed needles + circular knitting needle in same size and following lengths: 60cm (24" appx) 100cm (40" appx) 150cm (60" appx), plus a cord and cord connector - the kind used in interchangeable sets.
- Written Instructions and Graphs provided
- Required knowledge : knit + purl stitches, increases + decreases
- Notions needed: scissors + needle for sewing the beginning and end threads
- Washing instructions : hand wash
- Special Care Instructions: This Donegal Tweed gets its softness after the first hand wash with a wool detergent or a mild shampoo; the fibers open and the characteristic tweed inclusions become clear, the colors shine fresher.