Knit A Spell First Mitts Kit
FIRST MITTS KIT
Designed for beginner knitters by magical maker Katie Rempe (Light From Lantern), First Mitts are a wonderful first project after learning how to cast on, bind off, knit and purl. Inspired by Katie’s podcast Knit A Spell, you can now obtain your own carefully curated kit like she created for James Divine on Episode 11: Jim Learns to Knit for yourself or as a gift to someone beginning they're knitting journey!
First Mitts help instill new skills and offer a finished project rather quickly to stay motivated!
The included printed pattern is full of tips for new knitters including:
• How to wind hanks of yarn
• Why to save a yarn label
• What is ‘gauge’?
• Why the fabric curls
• Blocking recommendations
• Links to video tutorials on the Whip Stitch and Weaving In Ends
Practice makes progress! First Mitts come in two sizes, making them ideal for gift giving! Try making a pair for a friend or family member. Additional mitts can include embroidery, buttons and other fun or meaningful embellishments once you are comfortable with the pattern.
This kit come with everything you need to be a fully equip knitter, including:
- Exclusive Knit A Spell Drawstring Project Bag
- Exclusive Knit A Spell zippered Notions Pouch
- One 80g hank of HiKoo® Simpliworsted yarn (choice of three colors)
- skacel Bamboo circular needle made by addi in a 24" US8
- One tapestry needle
- 15 solid ring stitch markers
- 15 locking stitch markers (in a reusable tin)
- One retractable tape measure
- One addi-To-Go
- small scissors/snips
- Exclusive printed First Mitts pattern designed by Katie Rempe of Light From Lantern
- All of this is valued at over $85.00, plus priceless bragging rights on your new swag and skills!
Katie Rempe designed both the exclusive bag and pouch to include magical properties to assist any maker.
The Knit A Spell zippered Notions Pouch includes the Knit A Spell logo on one side and a fun infographic on how the word ‘notion’ is used in both making and magic. It’s made of a strong fabric that’s easy to wash and would also work great for cosmetics, art supplies and more!
The Knit A Spell Drawstring Project Bag includes the Knit A Spell logo on one side and a magical ‘sigil’ on the other. This sigil was created using the letters of ‘Knit A Spell’ as a base for a Magic Square to help the user trust their 'Knit-tuition' (knitters intuition.) The numbers used can be reduce down to ‘2’: a number symbolizing intuition & understanding (also The High Priestess in tarot). The intention is to help tickle your intuition if any project contained with the bag has an error. Trust your gut - it’s in the bag!
For more on how this sigil was design and why, check out Knit A Spell Episode 23: It’s In The Bag!