Stylish & fun, the Main Panels of the "Get the Message" Pillow are made by piecing five different prints together and adding a cute tongue-in-cheek message on each side. You'll also love the extra styles; the "Patchwork" design uses three prints and the other simply uses two. All edged with decorative piping, these pillows will become the house favorites! Back to main sewing patterns list
Materials List for all 3 pillow styles (makes 1 pillow)
Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
The pillows can be made using 44” wide quilting fabric OR 54” wide mid-weight Home Dec fabric, please see the chart below.
NOTIONS NEEDED (for all styles)
• 3 3/4 yards of (size 12/32”) cotton cording (from the home dec dept. in fabric stores)
• 2 (12 oz) bags of fiberfill (I use Nature-fil™ PLA corn fiberfill. This is an all-natural premium product from Fairfield)
• 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread (I use my Premium Threads from Rowan)
• 1 pkg of heavyweight sewing machine needles size 16 (I use Schmetz™ jeans / denim sewing machine needles, size 100/16)
INTERFACING NEEDED (for the Get The Message Pillow only)
• 1/2 yard of 20” wide fusible woven interfacing (I use Shape Flex® SF-101 from Pellon®)
• 1/2 yard of 17” wide fusible webbing (I use Wonder-Under® from Pellon®)
TOOLS NEEDED (for all styles) Scissors, Pencil, 24" quilting ruler, Chalk pencil, Straight pins, Iron and Ironing board, Seam ripper, Tracing wheel, Pressing cloth, Hand sewing needle, 1 sheet of wax-free tracing paper from Prim-Dritz®, Zipper foot (or pearl / piping foot) for your sewing machine, Rotary cutter and mat
Finished Sizes for all 3 pillow styles: - 19” round x 3” thick